The e-seminar series called Disability Futurity is now in full swing. Here is the full schedule:
Disability Futurity 2019-20 Seminar Schedule
All times listed in Ottawa time zone.
Liverpool Hope: Wednesday, 20 November, 9:00-10:30am
– “Living as if we already know what ‘human’ will be: exploring the anticipated futures of visual/deaf humanity and how they shape the present”.
– Dr Mike Gulliver, University of Bristol
Carleton: Wednesday, 22 January, 10:30am-12noon
– “Representations of Disability Experience in Live Theatre”.
– Mx seeley quest (sie/hir), Montreal
Liverpool Hope: Wednesday, 5 February, 9:00am-10:30am
– “The role of risk in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disability”.
– Sharon Smith, University of Birmingham
Carleton: Wednesday, 18 March, 10am-11:30am
– “Exploring Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Time: Life, death, and futurity in rehabilitation.”
– Dr. Thomas Abrams, Queen’s University
Carleton: Wednesday, 8 April, 9am-10:30am
– “Spectral Risk and the Future of Disability.”
– Dr. Kelly Fritsch (Carleton University), and Dr. Anne McGuire (University of Toronto).
Carleton: Monday, 22 June, 9am-10:30am
– “Disability Histories and Futures of the Nation.”
– Dr. Gildas Bregain (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Santé Publique), Dr. Beth Robertson (Carleton University), and Dr. Paul van Trigt (Leiden University).